With the recent order by one lines company for Siemens 8DJH-36 (36 kV) Ring Main Units for outdoor to indoor conversion of switching stations, HV Power took to the road in July with a demo unit to show other lines companies. We have now travelled from Auckland to Kerikeri to Invercargill (and back) with a lot of customer interest in this cost-effective 630 A rated RMU (Ring Switch, Circuit Breaker, Transformer Fuse Feeder, Metering Panel and soon to be released bus-section).
Siemens 8DJH-36 RMU - 36 kV.
Features of interest to customers included:
- Availability of a 36 kV circuit breaker panel
- VTs that can be mounted in the switchgear – not requiring a special VT panel
- Circuit breakers with high operating duty – supporting many switching operations
- Automation of switching functions for remote operation
- Extensibility for future addition of further panels
- The high degree of commonality of design and operation to the popular 11/22 kV 8DJH series, reducing staff training needs
- The low price point that makes 33 kV outdoor-to-indoor conversion possible for smaller networks.
The demo panel was only available to us between two international exhibitions, hence the need to make the visits over those two weeks in July. We saw snow, high winds, flooding and road detours, but managed to avoid the worst of the weather bombs. Thanks again to those who accommodated our visit, and hung-out with the gear in the back of our truck.