Thanks to those companies and staff that took the time to see our new Siemens Class B Flat Pad Ring Main Unit (enclosure for Siemens 8DJH switch gear) first hand, as well as our prototype LVRSys 400 V, single phase 50 kVA pole mount regulator
Feedback received inicates that our new Class B flat-pad enclosure offers a great combination of:
- Flat pad installation – for those who don’t want to dig a big hole, or where they need to avoid other buried services
- Arc fault containment that is not dependent upon a below-ground chamber that can be compromised by rain or a rising water table
- Flexibility with choice of automated/non-automated and options for ring switch, fused transformer feeder and/or circuit breaker options – in any order you desire
- A certified Class B Arc Flash public-safe design
- Siemens quality and design, with the peace of mind that the equipment is backed by the extensive expertise and resources of Siemens. With the expectation of a service life in the order of 40+ years, it’s important to select a vendor/manufacturer that is likely to still be around at the end of the equipment service life!
Over a three-week period we travelled with the Ring Main Unit from Auckland to Invercargill (and back), with a quick loop via Kerikeri added. The RMU looks no worse for wear even after travelling over 5,000 km, and having the enclosure open and covers removed at least twice a day.
Siemens flat-pad Class B outdoor RMU enclosure, on concrete plinth
We remind you of the open invitation for customers to visit our Auckland RMU facility to see different examples in stock. If you are coming to EEA in Auckland this June, give us a call. We would be happy to see you at our facility before, during or after EEA. Our Shaddock Street facility is only about 10 minutes’ drive from EEA – we can even provide transport if you want to be assured of getting back for that interesting presentation.