Horstmann have announced firmware 2.0 for the SMART NAVIGATOR 2.0 Master and Satellite Fault Passage Indicators. With this firmware there are now two versions, the original Direction FPI and now a simpler Non-directional FPI.
- Red or Green LED flash depending upon fault location
- Load flow direction indication
- Option to reset LEDs on return of voltage
- Voltage measurement
- Red/Green reflective labels on housing to indicate installation direction
The non-directional FPI offers a simplification for sites where directionality is not required.
A -20 to +60 deg C version has been released, which we will adopt as standard in this region (compared to the -40 to + 85 deg C rated version). The reduced temperature range has higher capacity batteries to provide a longer holdup time. The -20 to +60 deg C versions offer:
- Full Power mode: 10 hours full reporting (on full charge) (was 4 hours)
- Power Saving mode: 20 days reporting by exception/once per day status (was 4 days)
- Power Saving Low: 20 days visual indication (was 2.5 days)
The great news is that based on data from numerous field trials, the line current specification to maintain Full Power mode has reduced from 40 to 25 A, allowing the ‘online’ direct 4G communication to be used in more locations. To maintain on-fault and once per day reporting, 5 A line current is required. For sites with lower (average) line current, primary battery and Pole Master solutions are available.
For applications above 40 kV, there is now available the SMART NAVIGATOR 2.0 DCFI HV, rated for use on circuits up to 161 kV:
- Standard range 7 kV to 46 kV (L-L)
- HV Range 46 kV to 161 kV